🌮🌮This is one of the most versatile recipes you’ll ever make…
You can change up the protein, the spices, the salsa, the carbs, and the kind of cheese.
➡️NOTE: feel free to sub in storebought salsa if you are short on time.
Meal Prep Taco Bowl
(Makes 4-6 servings)
- 1 lb (455 g) lean ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey -OR- extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup (155 ml) water
- 2 cups (300 g) cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (remove seeds for a milder salsa)
- ¼ cup (30 g) red onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups (190 g) cooked rice (brown, jasmine, cauliflower, etc.)
- 15 oz (425 g) can of organic corn, rinsed & drained
- ½ cup (60 g) goat cheese crumbles (optional)
Prepare the protein:
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the ground meat or cubed tofu, breaking it up with a fork or cooking utensil as it cooks. When cooked through, stir in the taco seasoning and water. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare the salsa:
Combine the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
Assemble the taco bowls:
Divide ingredients evenly between 4 to 6 (depending on serving size) meal prep containers.
- Taco-seasoned meat/tofu
- Sprinkle of goat cheese crumbles
Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Can be eaten cold or reheated. Tip: don’t add the salsa until just before you eat/after you reheat it.
Elevate your snacking game with our delicious and nutritious monthly subscription box, designed to keep you satisfied and energized all day long!