🥗Feeling stressed? Research suggests that magnesium can help your body cope better.
Some of the top food sources of magnesium are leafy greens, nuts, and cacao… and this recipe has all three!
👉TIP: This makes for a delicious light lunch, but if you want a boost of protein, add in some grilled chicken or smoked salmon.
(makes 2 servings)
- 4 big handfuls baby spinach, washed & drained
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- ½ large fennel bulb, washed, core removed, and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp cacao nibs
- ¼ cup walnuts or pecans, roasted
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp (to taste) maple syrup or honey
- Pinch of sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place the spinach, strawberries, and sliced fennel in a salad bowl.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
Drizzle some of the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with the cacao nibs and nuts. Add a little more dressing if desired.
Serve and enjoy!
Form into 16 meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Upgrade your workout game with fashion-forward motivation. Don't miss out on our monthly Actlive Life Top Club – where each tee or tank becomes a statement of strength and progress.